The Saree Festival: The endless swirl of beauty
May 2-4, 2014 at Alliance Francaise De Delhi
FESTIVAL SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
|Category||Event||Date and Time||Venue|
|Saree Mela||Saree Mela: An exhibition and sale of diverse Saree collections||Fri 2 May, Sat 3, Sun 4 May 2014, 11 am to 8 pm daily; (Credit cards accepted)||Alliance Francaise De Delhi (AFD) Gallery|
|Saree ka Gunijan KhanaDay 1||Love Saree: Notes from my love affair with the drape; a panel featuring David Abraham, Geeta Chandran, Laila Tyabji, Rajeev Tandon, Rita Soni & Tritha Sinha||Sat 3 May, 9.30 am-11.30 am||AFD Auditorium|
|Roopvati Padmini: A story by Noor Zaheer||Sat 3 May, 11.45 am-12 Noon||AFD Auditorium|
|Music on the Saree; In collaboration with Art Collide||Sat 3 May, 12 Noon-12.30 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|The Saree as a visual device in Ravi Varma’s paintings; a talk by Rupika Chawla||Sat 3 May, 12.30 pm-1 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Saree ka Gunijan KhanaDay 2||Film Screening: ‘Gangoobai’(Dir: Priya Krishnaswamy); discussed by the director, and Ashdeen Lilaowala||Sun 4 May, 9.30am – 12noon||AFD Auditorium|
|The Design of the Saree Unravelled; a talk by Anisha Shekhar Mukherjee||Sun 4 May, 12 Noon-12.30 pm||AFD Auditorium|
|Bags for The Saree Lady: Work, Play & Celebration; a talk by Aditi Prakash||Sun 4 May, 12.30 pm-1pm||AFD Auditorium|
- All events are open to all on a first come first served basis.
- Kindly switch off mobile phones before entering event venues.
- Photography and audio/video recording not permitted.
- Contact 91-11-41671100 / email@example.com
- Alliance Francaise de Delhi; 72 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, 110003 (Festival dates: 2 – 4 May 2014)
- Genda Mahal, F 342 A, Second Floor, Behind Crescent Mall, Lado Sarai, New Delhi 110030 (For previews, by appointment)